Wednesday, January 16, 2008

HELLO!!!!!

Well here it is 2008 and I have begun a blog. I'm always just a little behind everyone else. My life right now is really busy but also very rewarding. In July 2007 I began working at New Hope Youth and Family Services which is a juvenile girls home in Mt Pleasant MI. My brother Jay and his wife Amy starting this home in 2005. God opened the doors and Jay and Amy ran through! But about a year and half later they had not even received the state license. God has really used this situation to teach all of us to truly trust him!

Right now we have 11 girls, we can house 15. Tomorrow we will be receiving number 12. Two of the girls are pregnant and will be giving birth at any time. It is very exciting to watch them. Check out our web site at www.1newhope.org

So many emotions go into dealing with youth in need. Most of you know that I worked at a home for boys in Evart, MI about 10 years ago. It is such an emotional job I was determined that I would never do it again. But here I am. I have never felt like I belonged in place like I do at New Hope.

My plan is at some time soon, I hope, I will quit working at the hospital and go to work at New Hope full time. I am very excited for what is ahead.

In March we are having a benefit concert with Selah! We are very excited and hope to sell out of tickets. Money is extremely tight. Some weeks I wonder if I will be able to pay my staff? This is one of those weeks! But God has always provided. This is His business and He will provide yet again.

If you think about it please pray for me and for New Hope. Most of these girls have terrible life stories. But God has brought them to us to show His love for them.

I am asking God to provide 100 people to pray daily for New Hope that we would be the business He wants us to be and that we would have a life changing effect on each of the girls that passes through our door.

1 comment:

Miss Music said...

Dear Garilee,
Hi! It is so good to know what you are up to! This is so exciting. I will commit to praying for New Hope...you are doing a great work there! WOW! I will try to pray each day if the Lord will help me to remember. Love ya,
Sharmen