Friday, January 18, 2008

Thank God I'm and idiot!

Well what a week or should I say month it has been! For the last month New Hope has been struggling just to pay our employees every week! Every week we pray and pray that God will supply enough so that we can make payroll and He has come through for us every time. Although I must admit I thought I was going to have a heart attack before it was all over.

This month has been especially hard with Christmas and New Years we have only received payment from one court from last month. I had a stack of bills on my desk piling up that were all late. Every day I would tell God how much we needed Him to provide! Well last night we were all at our end, we hadn't received a check since last week which had paid our employees.

The troubling thing was that our bank balance showed a much greater number in the positive than I showed in my checkbook! I had gone over it time and time again and the only thing I could figure out was that our employment taxes had not been processed yet. Last night in my deep depression I pulled out the hated check book yet again! I started back at the beginning and worked my way forward. What a terrible headache I had by the end. About a hour and a half later I had found enough money in my stupid mistakes to make payroll! Thank God I'm an idiot! He provides yet again!!!

2 comments:

Andy said...

Hey! I'm glad you have a blog now since I never see you anymore. Keep your chins up on the idiot thing . . . at least you're not married to one. :O)

Anonymous said...

Hey Garilee - just found your blog. You're new job sounds like a great ministry!!