Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Come thou long expected baby!

As some of you know we are expecting 2 new babies this month. One of the mom's is overdue. Only by 4 days but to her and those waiting it seems like a lifetime. She has tried everything. She drank a whole bottle of caster oil. Thanks to one of my ingenious staff members! It only gave her diarrhea and made her want to die. She has run on the treadmill at midnight trying to get her contractions to deepen and strengthen. (Listen to me I almost sound like I have done this before!) At one point her contractions were 6 min apart for a good hour and then just like that they went away. To all our disappointment. Especially hers!



This whole waiting thing made me start wondering what the Bible really says about how we are to be waiting for Christ's return. I know that when Simeon and Anna were waiting for Jesus to be born they were very much like expectent parents. They knew what they had been promised and were expecting it to come and come soon. I wonder how many new parents they approached wondering if that might be the messiah?



I have to be honest and say I don't expect Christ's return like Anna and Simeon looked for that 1st arrival. The thing is that I'm really not sure that God expects us too. The verses that I found were Titus 2:13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ. and II Peter 3:12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God...... I think that sound more like waiting for something that's a long way off. Something like my trip to Italy for my 40th birthday. I plan for it and save for it but at this point it feels more like a dream than a reality. I know that it will happen but at this point I have more pressing issues. Maybe my logic is messed up? I know God is coming and He could come today and I'm ready for Him to come, but until I get the word I'm planning to go to the Great Wolf Lodge this weekend with my family. I sure hope that baby comes before Friday night!!!

No comments: