Friday, April 4, 2008

What an Incredible Night!

Well it is now one week since our benefit concert with Selah and Jamie Jamgochian. I must say that I am just now catching up on all my lost sleep. Anything that can go wrong before a big event, did go wrong. I had finished all the newsletters and had them sent to the printer when my darling brother decides that if we would just by a new bigger printer we could save a lot of money. Whatever! Instead of it costing $700 it cost us $3000 with all the supplies and extra ink and whatever else the salesman talked him into. Of course now I was expected to make all the copies! 500!

Somewhere between the printer and redoing the printer from one to the other the zip drive got damaged and I thought the whole newsletter had been lost! Thank the Lord that my brother was able to retrieve a copy of it off of my hard drive.

Saturday morning we had a work day at New Hope put on by Family Life Radio. We had received word that their would be around 20 to 30 people. We ended up with over 60! Incredible! We didn't quite have enough jobs for all the women to do. They did repaint our entire kitchen and dining room. Plus wash all the windows and walls. They raked the yard and trimmed all the trees. It looks beautiful! We had a licensed contractor show up and he and several men worked in our basement to start redoing it. They really got a lot done.

Of course that night we were suppose to be in Midland to have supper with Selah and Jamie Jamgochian. We received news on our way over that Selah was stuck in Chicago and had missed their plan to Detroit. That was a little nerve racking. We thought maybe we would have to do some karaoke to fill the time. They got another flight and drove like the wind to get to Midland. They got there about 20 minutes before we were to start. We started about 30 minutes late but it all worked out.

The Dow holds 1500 people and we had sold 90% of those tickets which is 1350. I had to get up in front of all those people to thank all those who had helped us and tell a little about New Hope, plus we had a video I needed to introduce. I have never been so nervous! We I got on stage I forget everything I had written down to say. I did metion all of the right people. (At least I hope I did.) At the end of the video the audience was told that there would be green buckets at the door if they would like to give a freewill offering. We received more than $4000! God is certainly good to us.

This week we have already received a call from the Mt Pleasant Credit Union saying they want to do a fund raiser for us. We also have a business who wants to supply ice cream cakes for the girls along with free coupons. So people are still responding to what God is doing. Keep praying for us. We need pray support more than anything else.

1 comment:

leezard said...

Hey, this is Leigh Murray. Yes, talking in front of large groups of people can put a slight strain on the nervous system. That is awesome, though. It's exciting to see all that God has done for you and your ministry.