Thursday, June 5, 2008

old mind no new tricks!

Today I'm sitting in my 3rd week of a 4 week training for my new job. I have an hour and 15 minute drive each way. I must say I'm more than tired with this whole training thing. Tomorrow is the big test. If I fail no more job! I seems a little harsh to me. That's the state for you. I'm really not that worried, probably I should be.

Things at New Hope seem to be going good, right now. Everyone seems to love our new counselor. The girls, the staff, Amy, and me. Yeah!!! Today is the very first day for our secretary and at lunch when I called Amy said she was still there! The last one we hired lasted 2 hours. Brandi is back with us after her month away. So far thing seem to be going good. We received a new girl with her 1 year old daughter yesterday. The little one came right in and when up to one of the staff members held up her hands for our staff to hold her. Of course she is a huge hit.

I did really mess up my personal finances this last pay period. I had turned in my request to have money taken out of my check to go automatically into my 401k accounts. I had to put in the percentage amount and I thought I had put in 3% in both of the sections for a total of 6%. I got a letter stating that they had received my request for 60% of my check to be placed into my 401K. I just about threw up. Of course right away I contacted them to get it changed but it was to late for one check. I had 25.25 deposited in my checking account and 200.00 deposited in my savings. This has been a tight week.

Well class is over for the day so I'm outta here. Until next time.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Glad to hear that Brandi's back and things are going well. Miss you guys!